Do you ever feel like time is just speeding up? First its the hours flying by, then you find your days hopping from morning to night, the week skips from beginning to end, and before you know it, you’re in another month!
As a child, it felt like time would never pass. The school day couldn’t get over quickly enough! “Ugh, spring break, will you even come?” Apparently, these are young people problems. Now, I wish it would just slow down a bit. Let me enjoy this part before moving to the next. That’s my wish! So, who’s got the magic lamp? Better yet, who’s got the magically lucky charms so that I can make my wish and slow down time? Anyone? Please!?!?
Alright. We may not be able to slow down time for ourselves, or speed it up for your kids who are ready to be grown, but we can do our best to make the most of their seemingly looooonnng days by sprinkling in a little fun. Especially when we can pull it off with very little time, effort and money.
There are so many cute themed Saint Patrick’s Day crafts and treats out there. I am certain you have seen many on Pinterest. But if you just don’t have the time to organize all those little candy bits by color, or sort out and line up a colorful rainbow of licorice, well, this might just be the gift for you!
Cereal Snack Treats
Materials You’ll Need:
- Lucky Charm Tags by Pinkadot
- Lucky Charms Cereal*
- Cellophane Bags (4″-5″ rectangle or shaped bags)
- Twine or Ribbon
Tools You’ll Need:
- Scissors or Paper Trimmer
- Hole Punch
- Print your file on cardstock. This file prints 8 to a page. It has an option back side you may use if you like.
- Fill out the “from” section of the card, or let your child do that part.
- Trim out the Hang tags with your scissors or paper trimmer and hole punch them just above the letter “A” in “CEREAL-SLY”.
- Fill your cellophane bags with cereal. Between 1/2 – 3/4 cup works great.
- Tie your bags with lengths of twine and attach the tag to the bags.
*If you aren’t sure how much cereal to buy, just look on the side of the box for the number of servings. One family size box is 21 servings. Serving size is 3/4 cup. I used 1 heaping 1/2 cup per bag. That was plenty.
I was able to put these together for right around $10 for one classrooms-worth. Its about $15 for 2 classrooms, as all you will need is extra cereal, baggies, and twine.
Although these cute gifts will not turn back time, they will reward you LOTS of smiles for very LITTLE time and money. If you do stumble upon a Good Luck Charm to turn back time, please send it my way!
Make This Party Yours